CNN- American Global Recruitment is a leading recruitment company with clients all over United States, Middle East and East Africa. Our expertise is positioned at the crossroads of people and technology-two of the most important aspects of successful business today.
WHEN THIS POLICY APPLIES
This Policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information:
• Through our website and related applications and content that link or refer to this Policy and our computer or mobile software applications (“apps”) and content made available to you) (collectively the “Sites”);
• In connection with any of our events or sales, marketing, advertising and recruitment activities or in the course of providing any of our services to you
• When receiving services from you.
• CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C will not share your information with third parties for a purpose that is materially different from the original intended purpose without your consent.
• The possibility, under certain conditions, for an individual to invoke binding arbitration.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C does not own or control.
Collection of Personal Information
CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
• Visitors: individuals who visit or use our Site, so that we can provide them with the Services they require;
• Job seekers: individuals that apply for job opportunities with CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C to fill our positions or as part of our recruiting services or CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C customers through our business solutions services; Customers, vendors, service providers and other suppliers: employees, representatives and/or agents of our customers, service providers, vendors and other suppliers with whom we have a business relationship and/or manage on behalf of our customers.
• If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with our Services, you confirm that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
The types of information we collect include the following:
Information submitted to us: CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C collects personal information that individuals provide to us, such as when they visit one of our Sites, post on our forums or blogs, or access certain CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C Services or if they subscribe to our marketing or otherwise contact us. We may also collect personal information from individuals’ offline, for example when individuals provide information to us by telephone or in person.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
• Contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
• Professional information, such as your job title, department or job role;
• Information you provide about others you would like us to contact (for example referrals or references) or information regarding your emergency contacts;
• Resume or C.V. information, such as employment and education history, language proficiencies, security clearance information and other work-related skills, awards and honors, membership in clubs and organizations, personal interests and activities and information regarding your career interests and other qualifications for or desires regarding future employment opportunities, including information regarding desired compensation and benefits; and citizenship and work authorization status.
• Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information from visitors to our Site, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of their device, their login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms. We may also automatically collect certain information about their visits to our Site(s), such as download errors experienced and length of visits to certain pages. When you download, install or use our apps, we and our service providers may track and collect certain device related information (such as your device’s unique ID) and certain app usage data (such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device ID).
• Information we receive from other sources or third parties: We may receive or acquire information about our visitors, job seekers, customers and suppliers from third party partners (such as background check providers) or other third party sources (such as information from publicly available sites (like Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com or LinkedIn)), or a job seeker’s third party reference.
• Sensitive Personal Information: In connection with the various services we provide or if you are applying for a job opportunity with us or one of our customers, you may be asked for types of personal information that are viewed by some countries as sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information includes, for example, government-issued identification number (such as a social security number), information relating to a person’s race or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious beliefs, physical or mental health or condition, sexual orientation, trade union membership, genetic data and any related legal actions or the processing of biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying an individual. It also includes information about an individual’s criminal offences or convictions, as well as any other information deemed sensitive under applicable data protection laws (collectively “Sensitive Personal Information”).
Although we aim to minimize the amount of Sensitive Personal Information we process, we may process such information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required to or permitted to do so by law (e.g. information about your racial / ethnic origin, gender and disabilities for equal opportunity monitoring or affirmative action program), or where it is necessary to provide you with a service, or if we need to perform a criminal background check, drug/alcohol test or fitness for duty testing. If required by applicable data protection laws, we will obtain your express consent to our use of your sensitive personal information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C collects will be used only as described in this Policy and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. For the most part, we collect and use personal information to effectively provide and improve our Services (such as our Site and related recruiting services, or workforce management) and to comply with applicable laws and government regulations (such as, to comply with mandatory employment, tax and insurance requirements).
More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Providing and administering our Services and for internal operations (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes);
• Protecting CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C Services (for example, fraud monitoring and prevention);
• Responding to your communications;
• Complying with applicable laws and government regulations;
If you are a job seeker:
• Facilitating the recruitment or search process by helping to find job seekers a suitable assignment or job match with us or with our customers;
• Storing information about your recruitment or other preferences;
• Sending you e-mails and other communications about job postings that we think fit your profile, and to notify you about events, surveys, workshops and training sessions run by CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C; and to interact with you on third party social networks (like LinkedIn).
• Gauging the number of users and usage of the Site(s), so we can plan Site bandwidth and capacity accordingly;
• Recognizing you when you return as a repeat visitor to our Site.
• Providing information on goods and services you have requested;
• Sending you e-mails and other promotional communications about CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C marketing, advertising and promotions in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing at any time;
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, services and offerings, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites, products and services and operating and expanding our business activities; and
• Notifying you about changes to our Site or other of our Services.
• Personal information collected online through our Services may also be supplemented with information you provide to us through other of our services, as well as other online and offline sources (such as recruitment fairs, social media platforms (like LinkedIn), trade shows, or other events) and other data appending methods (such as spot tags, tracking and cookies as referenced below).
We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymized and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the specific identity of any person.
In most cases, CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C will process personal information for a variety of business purposes, which are in our legitimate interests (for example, to operate its business and provide you with services you have requested), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (as described above).
Cookies and Online Tracking
CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C website uses “cookies” and similar technologies (like web bugs) to help personalize your online experience and for our analytics purposes.
• A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
• A web bug is a graphic on a web page or email that gathers information about the computers used to view the web page or email. A web bug can collect your computer’s IP address and the time you viewed the website or email.
• You can also refuse all cookies and web bugs by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of our website, except that access to certain Web pages require a login and password.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C may share and disclose personal information about you with the following types of third parties and in the following circumstances:
• Potential employers or potential customers: We may share your personal information if you are a job seeker with a customer for the purpose of providing our recruiting services, or workforce management services.
In connection with the above, we may need to disclose certain data about your previous employment (such as your resume and corresponding information or to the extent permitted by law, the results of any criminal background checks or other specific employee data such SSN/National ID) with that customer or other service providers or agents acting on our behalf to facilitate and enable the potential placement or employment. To the extent you are employed by a customer of CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C, our customer will process such personal information in accordance with its own policies and procedures.
Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information to a third party where we are legally required to do so in order to respond to or comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, court orders, legal process or government requests, including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We use third party vendors, consultants and other service providers to assist us in providing CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C Services, including to support us in areas such as recruiting and reviewing responses to job advertisements, managing resume/CV data, IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics, skills and assessments training, occupational health and safety screening, and drug and background screening. In providing these services on behalf of Judge, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties with access to your personal information. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of Personal Data received pursuant to the U.S. Privacy Shield, the third party vendor, consultant, or other service provider is potentially liable.
International Data Transfers
As a global company, we may transfer personal information to CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C companies and third parties located in the United States and in other countries that may be outside your country of residence for storage and processing in order to provide our Services. These countries may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or residence. We will however protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law wherever it is processed.
CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with regards to our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you wish to exercise Your Privacy Rights, please contact:
CNN-American Global Recruitment L.L.C
1629 K ST NW
WASHINGTON DC 20006